Hi, well, It’s been a very long weekend. Van picked up Friday evening, loaded Friday night, to bed after midnight, couldn’t sleep, up early to drive to the show.We eventually finished staging at 7:30 and I returned today to add the finishing touches of flower arrangement and labeling.
In the title, I wrote – “We made it” and I emphasis the we. To get the stand built has taken a lot of help and here are the thank yous –
– John Barrington, encouragement and knowledge of growing delphs for Chelsea
– Sue Ward – input on design (Sue’s won gold at Chelsea in the past)
– Joan Taylor – owner of Birchwood Plants and a real help in supplying some of the plants to support the delphs
– Nick Langdon – of Blackmore and Langdon – for comparing notes on how our respective plants were doing
– Tim Withers for looking after the plants whilst we went on hols
– Granny and Grandma – childcare while we get to play plants!
– Jackie Jack – for helping to build the stand
– And finally, Anne for opening greenhouse doors and watering – every day, painting pergolas, table, chairs and canes. And for being my wife – very many thanks
Next stop is the Romsey Show in September. Two years ago we staged cut flowers – this year, we’re planning on a garden…
I’ll try and add another pic from the weekend – will be interesting to see how much it has changed.
All the best, Mark.